Friday, September 11, 2009

BEDUC 406 Day Three

I'm very anxious about how to plan out lessons so that each student is learning or at the very least that at the end of a lesson I know if each student has learned.

I'm excite to see how students in room 402 can learn from each other in their Caravan groups (social studies unit in which they gather information about countries to earn points to travel from country to country collecting artifacts for their museum).

There are many other factors that each students may be dealing with that can either help with their learning or interfere with their learning. As a teacher I've learned it is my job to help them do their best and be the best learner they can no matter what those factors are. I've also learned that I may not be able to help as much as I would like and I'm going to have to learn how to deal with that.

I understand that I need to teach the underlying concept of something and not just the procedure. There are many procedures, ways of solving a problem (math, spelling...) but only one resounding concept, usually. How do I help a student if they do not get a concept after using multiple ways of teaching it (visual, oral, kinesthetic...)?

No comments:

Post a Comment